IAC 650 - Updated
Wednesday, December 6, 2017
The recent rule changes adopted by the board have been published. These rules will become effective January 10, 2018. A brief summary of the changes are as follows:
- Updated language, which allows dental hygienists to provide educational services without the supervision of a dentist;
- Updated requirements for renewal, reactivation and reinstatement;
- Updated continuing education requirements;
- Updated requirements for the use of moderate sedation and deep sedation/general anesthesia; and
- Clarified definition of "hospitalization" for the purposes of reporting adverse occurrences related to the use of nitrous oxide or sedation.